Originated in Kenora, Ont., 150 miles east of Winnipeg. It was eventually bought out by Kingsway. Kron was located on the corner of Fyfe and Inkster in Winnipeg.
|These photos are courtesy of Doug Hutsel, Ernie's son.|
|Here is a 4400 White single axle unit # 414 in 1965, possibly driven by Graham Shaler.||Here's Doug Hutsel, Ernie's son in 1965 at the ripe old age of seven, probably contemplating the pro's and con's of a career in the trucking industry. Note the fancy Fruehauf "Volume Van" behind this 1961 "Freightshaker" that Ernie drove for Sid Nagamori.||A brand new Trailmobile 40' dry box starting its first trip.|
|Another shot of the new TM.||Ernie in 1965 with the same unit re-numbered fro 209 to 409.||The towns originally serviced are listed on the body of this 1949 GMC cab-over gas pot Red Lake, Madsen, Sioux Falls, Hudson, Dryden, Sioux Narrows, Nestor's Falls.|
|A Kron ad||A Kron matchbook cover from the early sixties.|
|E-Mail any comments to Hank Suderman||E-Mail any comments to Tony Gussie|
|Back to the Main Transportation Page|
|Back to the Trucks Page|