Mark A. Redman Collection

Last Updated on :

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7

You may download any image for personal or non-commercial use only.
YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD ANY PICTURE FROM THIS WEB SITE TO BE USED ON YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK.





Kramer's Towing Service from Orwigsburg, PA. 1963 Autocar/Holmes 850. Originally a cement mixer chassis from the Philadelphia area. Looks newer in appearance than the shot in David Pearson's pages as the Kramer's people added a newer style radiator and grillwork. East Side Garage from Meriden, CT. A 1980's (?) Autocar/Century 925 wrecker. Arnold's Towing & Recovery from Canaan, CT. A 1970's Diamond-Reo with Holmes 750 set-up.
1980's Autocar/Holmes 1701 all-wheel-drive heavy duty tow truck operated by the City of Syracuse, NY Department of Public Works. A 1972 Autocar/Weldbilt 6x6 heavy duty wrecker operated by Charlie's Towing from Newfield, NY. Highpoint Garage in Union City, NJ operates a rather large fleet of towing and recovery equipment. The Avella brothers have this 1975 Mack DM897SX with a 1988 Challenger 45 ton wrecker boom. This truck, as well as several others in the Highpoint fleet, saw extensive service at the WTC after the 9-11 attacks in New York. They assisted in moving heavy equipment as well as towing away scored of FDNY apparatus that were destroyed in the collapse of the Twin Towers.
This is a very rare combination of a 1960's Walter Truck mated with a Holmes towing system. It is unknown who owned this truck, and if anyone out there knows anything further, please contact this photographer. This is a 1969 Walter snow blower, operated by the City of Bristol, CT Public Works Department. It was repainted in the city shops in 2003. This 1947 Oshkosh was originally in service in Humbolt County, IA. It is now privately owned and located in New York state.
This is a 1950's Oshkosh WA-906 heavy duty truck which is operated by the West Genesee Central School District at Camillus, NY. It was originally owned by the Camillus DPW. FWD snow removal truck operated by the Ithaca-Tompkns Regional Airport, NY. B&T Construction Corporation, in Massachusetts operated this very rare 1981 Wall front discharge sand spreader.
The 1981 Wall is one of only five or six units of this type that were ever built. This is a 1972 Walter Snow Fighter with Frink plow set up that was built for the United States Navy. One of a large number of huge Walter RDUL Snow Fighter chassis awaiting the addition of Sicard snow blowers. The trucks were supplied to the United States Navy in 1966, and featured four wheel steering.
A short wheel base Walter with 28 foot plow setup operated by Snowlift in the 1960's. These units were extremely maneuverable and could clear airport runways quickly and efficiently. This is a huge Mack all wheel drive water well drilling rig operated by Grela of Terryville, CT. A Ford F series elevating platform with aircraft de-icing equipment operated by United Parcel Service at Albany International Airport, NY.
This is a 1937 Mack FK tractor originally operated by Wellington Service in Somerville, MA. It is now privately owned. This is a beautifully restored 1948 Autocar tractor owned by D. Mauro from Marlboro, MA. Mastrobattisto, Inc. in Bristol, CT uses this 1956 Mack B-81 for dust control service at construction site.
Eastman Building Movers from West Greenwich, RI came into Bristol, CT in July 2004 to move an historic house. The house move on Main St. in Bristol, CT went very smoothly with the help of a rather tired looking 1950's Sterling-White prime mover. Part of a large collection of restored trucks owned by James W. Flett from Belmont, MA, is this 1946 Euclid.
This is a 1952 Sterling-White owned by James W. Flett from Belmont, MA. D. Mauro from Marlboro, MA owns this beautifully restored 1950 Sterling dump truck in an unusual color scheme. This is a very clean 1963 Dodge C-900 dump truck owned by Avery Construction from Quaker hill (Waterford), CT.
This is a 1953 Walter heavy duty dump truck that was operated by Snyder Mining Company. This is a very large Walter tractor which saw service at a landfill on Long Island. It was used to haul trailer loads of trash from the transfer station to the final dumping location. One of many one of a kind trucks that were built by Walter over the years for all sorts of applications.


E-Mail any comments to Hank Suderman         E-Mail any comments to Mark A. Redman
Back to the Main Transportation Page
Back to the Trucks Page